If you haven’t heard, Sex and the City is coming back with 10 special episodes on HBO Max.
I’m so excited I can hardly wait, but there’s a catch. The iconic Samantha Jones, played by Kim Cattrall, will not appear in the show. How can Sex and the City not include Samantha Jones??? It has definitely sparked some commotion among SATC fans because well…how can the show be the same without her?
I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I will obviously still be watching it.
Since Samantha will not be appearing in the reboot of SATC, let’s look at some of her most iconic moments.
- Making masturbation casual
- Samantha was never afraid to indulge in self-love or self-pleasure, and she was definitely not shy when speaking about it either.
2. Being an unapologetic, encouraging and successful woman
- Samantha always conveyed confidence and success when it came to living her life. She represented a more modern role of an independent and ambitious woman, both in her work, and in bed.
3. Being unbothered by other people’s opinions
- Well, if you’ve watched SATC, then you know that Samantha is the queen of not caring about what other people think. Maybe we should all care a little less and stop worrying about every little thing!
4. Giving advice about men and sex
- It’s safe to say that Samantha knew her way around men. If you had any doubts or questions, she always had an answer or personal experience to share!
5. Never apologizing for her promiscuous and free-spirited behavior
- Samantha was a confident, successful and highly sexual woman who was not afraid of exploring her sexual identity and needs. Back in the 90s, being this openly hyper-sexual as a woman was pretty new, but I would say she paved the way for women and sex.
6. Always finding an occasion to party
- As a PR executive, Samantha always knew the right people and the best places to party. She always found a way to be at the hottest spots, and never left her friends out of the plan!
7. Hook up culture and casual sex as a woman
- Samantha was always meeting new and different men, and not always one at a time. The best part about it was that she didn’t depend on any man for her happiness — she always made it clear to the girls that friendship came before anything, and that men were never the ultimate goal or source of happiness!
8. Being a true friend
- Samantha always proved to be a great friend. She always listened without judgement and gave the girls the best advice she was capable of giving.
9. Conversations at brunch
- Brunch with the girls was always a ritual, especially for talking about her most recent sexual experiences. Samantha was always eager to talk about her sex life, but also extremely open when listening to the girls’ flings. She always had the best advice when it came to anything sex related!